Learning What you Need

All Lessons you need to learn the skills to Achieve
www.yourtechvision.com



Monday, September 12, 2011

When it does not Work...CHANGE

We learn more from our failures than our successes. I tell my kids that constantly. It is never bad to fail, but it is insanity to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Learn from your mistakes and then CHANGE.

For the past 9 months I HAD been working with a web design firm that could not do what they said they could. They said it would be done in a month. Nine months later and still with incredible problems...I fired them.

Enter a new and incredibly talented designer...fortunately a friend also so the connection was fast as I told him about my web designer problems. He said he would take it on. Within a day of design, he had accomplished more than the people who worked on it for nine months. AND, his site already works beautifully with talking software.

Lesson: I learned a lot. If something is not working within the time frame someone says it should...CHANGE. I should NOT have waited 9 months and kept giving them chances when they proved over and over they could not do the job.

I see my students and their families doing this. My families made huge changes. They were in districts where the people there could not do what they said they could do...so they CHANGED. They asked around and then landed on my door step. Now, because of all the advances in technology I am able to reach far and wide. The parents who worked for a CHANGE got it and now their children are learning the blind skills needed to become independent.

Remember, it is insanity to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. Learn from your mistakes, then make CHANGE.

No comments: